Zagreb will once again become a central gathering place for successful producers, screenwriters, production companies, and representatives of FTA television, pay TV channels and streaming services, and other content creators.
NEM Zagreb 2022 is back, an event focused on the development of the TV industry in Central and Eastern Europe.
A rich program of panels, Q&A interviews, presentations, successful examples of business practice, speakers, and other special events has been published. Under the slogan, All about content creation, the second edition of the event will be held from December 7 to 9 at the Esplanade Zagreb Hotel.
World-renowned professionals will discuss the most current topics in the industry during various panel discussions:
- Countries with a lower capacity for production are encouraged to co-produce, while more productive countries often choose larger countries. What do large production companies look for in partners from countries where production is not common?
- Being a good leader is not an easy task, especially in situations of higher production costs and reduced budgets, implementation of new technologies, and dynamic business trends. What are the biggest challenges facing leaders?
- Titles based on true events are very popular. How far can screenwriters and producers move away from the facts without their content fitting into the “true story” category?
- Writers create stories, write scripts and help determine what the episodes will look like. What does that creative process include, what are the challenges and why do good scripts sometimes fail?
- Scandinavian model of production in the Adria region – a real possibility or completely impossible? Can the Adria region adapt to Scandinavian business practices?
The conversation about the TV industry will continue during the Q&A interview through the following topics:
- Influence of streamers on non-English speaking content
- An original production from Bosnia and Herzegovina
During the central part of the program called the Content Showcase, premium original content in various stages of development will be presented. The program will consist of several presentations by the largest European and regional companies such as Viaplay Group, Firefly Productions, 24sata, and RTV Slovenia. Also, CineLink Drama will present the content of BH Telecom and hold a showcase of selected projects.
NEM Zagreb also organizes a special program called Co-production Business Practice, during which the renowned Big Light Productions and Lumière will present their successful business practices.
To get into the Christmas spirit, Pickbox, the Croatian company that manages the streaming service Pickbox NOW and the television program Pickbox TV, will organize an exclusive Christmas party for partners and clients.
NEM Zagreb will end with the awarding of prizes to the winners of the best script writing contest – the TV Writing Contest. More than 50 submitted works in the scripted and unscripted categories are currently being evaluated by an expert jury from the companies Beta Film, Rai, Zig Zag Productions, Script Angel, Joyrider, Croatian Radio Television (HRT), Radio Television of Serbia (RTS), Telecom Serbia and CineLink Industry Days, the creative branch of the Sarajevo Film Festival.
In the days leading up to the event, a workshop will be organized under the leadership of Script Angel and lecturer Hayley McKenzie, which will give creatives the opportunity to improve their skills. The elements of the workshop are writing a script, creating an original script, developing a story and characters, and ideas, creating a story world, various exercises and tasks, and project presentation.
NEM Zagreb is an event focused on the CEE region and countries with lower capacity for production within the region, with the aim of connecting audiovisual professionals and key decision-makers from Europe. Knowledge exchange and a unique opportunity for networking with TV industry experts are an essential part of every New Europe Market (NEM) edition.